iMac arrived

Discussion in 'iMac' started by eladnova, Jan 9, 2014.

1. eladnova macrumors member

Just got my new iMac delivered a few hours ago. Already setup and running beautifully.

Specs
    17 CPU
    780M GPU
    1TB HDD

Things I noticed:

I've played with these in the shops for months but you're sitting on front of your own and using it in your own environment office, I never appreciated how big the 27" iMac are or how beautiful the screens are. Reminds me of sitting at the fron of the cinema and watching BraveHeart. You have to physically turn to follow the action.

I checked the the yellow screen and if I look hard enough, I can possibly notice some yellowing further towards the bottom. To be honest, I've to look so hard to see it, its not an issue for me

The wireless keypad is nice. It feels *slighly* more plastic than the Apple wired keypad. Could be just my imagination.

I've already reduced my desktop clutter wayyyy down by losing separate wires/plugs for keyboard, speakers, Dell Monitor.

I've personally been putting off buying one of these for years and wish I had bought one ages ago. If you're sitting on the fence, have the funds and are wondering wether to push that 'Buy Now' button then you're in for a real treat. Do it!!

2. SoAnyway macrumors 6502

Congratulations!

On a side note, I didn't realize that iMacs shipped with 17 CPUs. :p

3. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

When did you order?

4. eladnova thread starter macrumors member

Lol. Yes, it was a custom build. I didn't want to shout about it on the MacPro threads in case they got jealous :rolleyes:

----------

Jan 02.

5. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

When I received mine, I did a quick once over and checked for a yellow screen. I didn't see anything, and I'm sure not going to actively seek it. Placebo??