iMac ATI 4850- No Freezes, spoke too soon

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bizack, Apr 26, 2009.

1. bizack macrumors 6502

So I've had my iMac about a week now. I started a thread about not having any freezes. Well... this weekend I experienced two. Both of which occurred while using iTunes (once while importing my old library into iTunes from an external USB drive, and once just having iTunes open). Not much rhyme or reason to the freezes... nothing in the crash logs. This is slightly depressing, since the replacements people are getting seem to freeze as well. I still don't think this is Wi-Fi related... I just think there's a serious conflict between the ATI 4850 chip and the rest of the hardware... This is pretty much unacceptable for a new machine.

2. Theraker007 macrumors regular

i dont know whats more frustrating.. the freezes themselves or that all my conversations with apple end with them treating me as an isolated incident with blatant refusal to acknowledge a major problem with their machines.

but like u, even though i got the return stuff for current imac, i think i may just hold onto it because the new imacs are probably going to continue to crash and itll save me the trouble of migrating all my stuff over.