iMac audio-out noise

Discussion in 'iMac' started by softboysxp, May 17, 2008.

1. softboysxp macrumors newbie

Hi thanks in advance I'm new here.

So I got my first iMac and everything was awesome, except that whenever I plug in a headphone or speaker, there's this "bleeeee" noise (much like what you got from a radio). I found posts here about similar problems but couldn't find a solution. Any help ?

P.S. I tried (as they suggested in other posts) plug my Mac and speaker to the same power outlet, nothing. I also tried unplug everything except Mac and try it with a headphone, still noise.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I presume its fine once the headphone cable is all the way in? In that case its normal.

3. softboysxp thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for reply, but I can't push it all the way in, I tried my Sony MDR, a creative speaker, and even the Apple one comes with iPod.

4. Richie79 macrumors newbie

This noise that you hear, is it a high pitch noise ? Since i bought a new iMac yesterday as well and I hear this high pitch noise from time to time unless you hear a bling or any noise between it through the speakers and then its gone again.

5. softboysxp thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, it's high pitch noise. and it is most obvious when you connect a headphone and are adjusting the volume

6. albeik macrumors regular

albeik

I am having this problem as well. Never had it before when I got the iMac (2GHz Core Duo). I believe it started to happen after one of the Software Updates (not the latest one, though)