Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Imacnewby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
So I got my first mac yesterday. I got the 24 inch iMac. I installed Vista 32bit on it today. I used boot camp to create the windows partition. Windows installation went well but once the mac reboots it will auto go into vista. There is no screen for an option for Mac or Windows. How to I fix this issue I would like to use mac 90% of the time and now I cant. Also once I install windows what drivers do i need from the osx cd to get the internet to work

Please help
THanks

Pees330

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
Once the apple ding goes off when you start up press and hold the option key. After a few seconds an option will come up to choose which partition you want to start up in. You can then change your startup drive within the system prefs.

Imacnewby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
Wow quick reply thanks. I ended up having to reinstall windows since i installed vista 64 and there was a problem with bootcamp so im going with the 32 bit. But I wanted to use windows for playing Age of Conan. Once Windows finishes installing where do I get the drivers to be able to get on the internet since im on my labtop atm.

nintendude

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2008
NY
Wow quick reply thanks. I ended up having to reinstall windows since i installed vista 64 and there was a problem with bootcamp so im going with the 32 bit. But I wanted to use windows for playing Age of Conan. Once Windows finishes installing where do I get the drivers to be able to get on the internet since im on my labtop atm.

i dont think that the drivers are downloadable from Apple. you will need to have your Mac OS X restore disc to install the drivers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.