iMac availability in your country...status report.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iMcLovin, Aug 23, 2012.

1. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

Just thought it would be nice to have another round of stock checkup. As it seems the availabilty of the current iMacs have suddenly started dropping.

When I checked in july in Norway. It seemed most of the large stores got a new supply of them - and those who didn't had a confirmed date of delivery. Now all of a sudden it has dropped drasticly, and it seems like there's no particular date for restock - most of them states they will order it for you if you like to buy.

So, since I live in a small country that's doesn't really have a huge impact, I think it would be nice to hear what's the status around the globe again. Maybe we can find out more than what Cult of Mac recently posted.

2. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

Full availability everywhere here in Italy ... many non official retailers are trying to push their stocks out by applying special discounts or promotions, but apart from that there's no sign of any imminent change in supply situation at the moment ...

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

All models available in the UK too. Doubt anything is going to happen until the 12th. Apple give no clues, and if Mr Cook is to be believed they are supposed to be getting even more secretive about new products

4. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

5. ProfNaz macrumors newbie

Amazon - 7 units left for basic 27", 1 unit left for upper end 27".
    21.5" seem to have stock.

John Lewis - availability was running low on some models too.

Comet - only basic 21.5" in stock, the other 3 models are all out of stock.

So from those statistics, it seems like UK is running out of stock too...

6. washburn macrumors 6502

guessing that Apple makes more of the 21.5" thats why its still in stock and theres more of them around

7. iMcLovin thread starter macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

I guess the applebitch/cultofmac report doesnt have any meaning except imacs are low on stock as always. :(

8. rhkik macrumors newbie

Full stock in France apple store

Full stock in the French apple store
    Amazon.fr : 6 27" imac i5 (i7 not listed)

9. BenniG macrumors member

Amazon.de (Germany)
    27" 11
    21,5 2,5 ghz 6
    21,5 2,7 ghz 3

Talked to a premium reseller: stocks are empty, when You want something else than the base model forget it.

To be honest, this was already 8 weeks ago the situation.
    October 26 is deadline for me.

10. comatory macrumors 6502a

comatory

All models in stock in Czech Republic. Some discounts here and there but on the official store it's stocked.

11. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

I would love for a new iMac to come out on the 12th (or the second event if that rumor is true). However, more often then not recently, the best way to tell if a new product is imminent are part leaks. And there has been very little in the way of possible iMac leaks.
    When was the last time we were shocked about an Apple release at an event? The last handful we could have made the announcements for Apple. I am going for October onwards.

12. Baphomet macrumors member

Baphomet

Here in Austria the IMac is in stock in the stores nearby...

13. sebi247 macrumors member

That's not quite right. Over the past 2-3 weeks, the big Apple resellers (e.g. cyberport) getting more and more BTO iMacs back in stock. :rolleyes:

14. JulianMcC macrumors newbie

15. Hume macrumors newbie

16. Billyvasil macrumors newbie

Seems to be available everywhere I checked here in Greece.

17. RoelJuun macrumors 6502

RoelJuun

18. jollino macrumors 6502

jollino

TBH I don't think Amazon is a good way to test for that. I've been occasionally looking at iMac prices on Amazon.it, and I've NEVER seen them WITHOUT the "only 1 or 2 in stock" warning.
    That said, I confirm what davidgnomo said earlier in the thread: everything seems normal in Italy, and those "promotions" are pretty much the norm in the summer given (at least here) that fewer people buy this kind of product.

19. Hume macrumors newbie

I'd agree for that. But: Not normal are the "1–2 months" till they get new ones. Isn't it one or more weeks or a couple of days, normally, and not months? Amazon is a quite big reseller, so they should easily get new machines if there are any...

20. jollino macrumors 6502

jollino

Perhaps there's a shortage of that specific variant for the German market, ie. with a German keyboard and user's guide. IINM Apple bundles everything at the factory (hence the "slash something" indication after the model number) so it may be that they just sold that out ad are waiting to get more boxes with the proper accessories. It may also simply be an Amazon glitch, or (as I do hope) the beginning of a worldwide iMac famine. However, both the 27-inch versions on the German Apple Store report a delivery date of August 28th :(

21. Thunderbird macrumors 6502a

Thunderbird

Here in Canada, supplies are low for both the 21.5" and 27". And both are on sale. Bestbuy is reporting supplies of 0 for the 27".