Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maclife80

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2019
Hey there,

just wanted to ask some other iMac users about their experience.

At what level of background brightness are you using your iMac ? Full 100% ?
Is it kind of normal for an IPS panel to have some glowing spots on the corners ? Should I call Apple and ask for a repair / exchange ?

If I have my background set to 100% brightness and have a complete black background I can see on the left side of the screen near the corners glowing spots. I have the iMac 2020 before I had the iMac 2015 and I dont remember having these spots there

What are your experience. Maybe even post pics on how it looks for you.

Attached is an example one mine. As you can see especially on the left top and bottom there are glowing spots

Attachments

• IMG_3072.jpg
    IMG_3072.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:

Nguyen Duc Hieu

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2020
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Hey there,

just wanted to ask some other iMac users about their experience.

At what level of background brightness are you using your iMac ? Full 100% ?
Is it kind of normal for an IPS panel to have some glowing spots on the corners ? Should I call Apple and ask for a repair / exchange ?

If I have my background set to 100% brightness and have a complete black background I can see on the left side of the screen near the corners glowing spots. I have the iMac 2020 before I had the iMac 2015 and I dont remember having these spots there

What are your experience. Maybe even post pics on how it looks for you.

Attached is an example one mine. As you can see especially on the left top and bottom there are glowing spots

It happens all the time on the TVs.
Black level is also not very good with maximum brightness, along with reducing the longevity of the LED/LED power board.

Maclife80

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2019
well just to let you know I brought the iMac to the Apple store. They have checked it and called me back and they said all is fine with the display!!!!
It is in a normal range :)

I am really really disappointed in Apple. They advised me I could buy their cheap 5000 Dollar XDR Display :)

Thank you Apple.. You just lost another customer.. Very disappointing

Buying a computer for 4000 dollars with a broken screen and no replacement. I had 2 iMac previously without any of this backlight bleeding

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.