iMac - Black Friday Sale?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rainbowsofwhite, Nov 18, 2012.

1. rainbowsofwhite macrumors 6502

Hi everyone,

We don't really celebrate Black Friday in Australia, but it's in the US this week?

Perhaps we might get a pleasant iMac surprise?

You never know. ;)

2. Siderz macrumors 6502a

I don't have some kinda qualification in business or marketing, but I'm sure Black Friday would actually put Apple off from releasing the iMacs.

This is because there'll be other electronics with sales on, so people might be more willing to buy those.

Or, maybe it's the other way around, and people would rather buy an iMac as part to celebrate Black Friday.

I don't celebrate Black Friday either, I live in the UK. Not really sure how it all works, but I like watching the CCTV clips of hoards of people running into Walmart to get 5% off a TV.

3. Rhinoevans macrumors 6502

Black Friday has some Apple stuff on sale, but not the traditional door buster items that people are looking for. $299 laptops, $399 Flat panels, games for $10 and movies for $5.

I always go, but usually don't get much. BBY has the 13" MBP for $165 off and I saw one place that if you buy a MBP/iMac you get $99 of Apple peripherals for free.

Thought Apple was like Harley Davidson, nothing under a $100!

Different this year though. Most business usually open VERY early on Friday morning, the day after Thanksgiving. This year Best Buy opens at midnight, and I think Walmart and Target open at 8 PM ThanksGiving day.

What about FOOTBALL!!!:confused::confused::confused:

When I use to do a part time gig at Best Buy a few years ago (Just for the discount), on Black Friday, our store would easily do 1.3 Million! And hope at the end of the day we were not in the RED. Hence, the Term Black Friday.

4. mushroomtip macrumors 6502

mushroomtip

Black Friday is a waste of time , that is of course if you truly value your time . anyone who works for a living knows exactly what I mean . I bet most of those walmart herds have yet to understand the value of time. as far as Apple you get the usual choice of student of 100 bucks or about 105 bucks black friday discount . I believe thats how it was last year.