iMac Bootcamp help needed.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by theRAMman, Apr 6, 2013.

1. theRAMman macrumors regular

Hi, I need help with a windows 7 installation I tried recently on my imac (snow leopard 2010/11). I did the install with help over the phone from apple and managed the install Windows 7. When I tried starting up windows it loaded correctly, we got the console/bios thing an then the familiar windows logo. and then, It suddenly all goes black. I waited because the apple person told me t wait. I waited over half an hour and nothing happened. By that point I decided to turn the computer off and on again. When the computer restarted, I got a windows error message telling me that windows had failed to shut down correctly and that It may have done this to correct data, and a series of restart options come up, all of which lead to the same conclusion. If anyone can help that would be much appreciated! :)

2. Jexta macrumors member

The Windows installation has failed somewhere along the way. If you put the Windows Install disk in your drive, reboot your machine, you should get a prompt that says "Press any key to boot from disk..." or something similar. Boot from the disk and re-install windows.

If this fails then you may need to remove and re-add the bootcamp partition.

3. theRAMman thread starter macrumors regular