iMac Bootcamp Sound

Discussion in 'iMac' started by adminkatana, Nov 18, 2008.

1. adminkatana macrumors newbie

Been using my new iMac now for a while, very impressed. Only problem i have had so far is the terrible sound quality experienced when using Windows via Bootcamp. The sound sounds very muffled or flat.

Have searched in numerous locations and the only answer found has been to install new realtek drivers. Even after doing this and fiddling with the EQ settings not much changes.

So my question is, has anybody had this problem and managed to fix it. After searching, there never seems to be a straight answer with a solution of what works and what doesn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW im using a 24" iMac, 3.06, with Windows XP SP3 fully updated.

Thank you.

2. TJunkers macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

I had this problem initially, and now, a week later, I don't. But I can honestly say I did nothing to fix it. I installed two games; City of Heroes and Warhammer Online. So, unless one of those fixed my problem, it seemed to have fixed it's self.

3. Eptin macrumors newbie

Fix for muffled sound on iMac in Windows Vista and Windows 7 in Bootcamp

Here's a fix that works for both Windows Vista and 7:

Attached Files:

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

While we are on bootcamp sound, why does my 21" imac always boot up to Win7 with the sound turned off? I want it to boot up at the last volume level I used when I shut down but it alwasy starts in mute!:confused: