iMac box dimensions

Discussion in 'iMac' started by zoran, Mar 21, 2010.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

Is there anyplace where i can find the dimensions of 21" & 27" iMac cardboard boxes?

2. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

Maybe if you call Apple or one of their stores they have to specs or could emasure it.

No offense, but couldn't you have figured this out on your own? :confused:

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

27" iMac:

24" Tall
    30" Wide
    9" Thick

Couldn't find 21.5" box dimensions but the box of 27" is 15% wider and taller and 10% thicker than actual iMac so got average size of the box of 21.5":

20.4" tall
    24" wide
    8.2" thick

4. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

hmm so big huh? well i guess ill have to say, "so much" for placing one in a big suitcase and flying overseas from NY to Europe in order to benefit the lower prices in the US... it simply wont fit! :(

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yea, iMac ain't a laptop :rolleyes:

How much is the difference? You could either check it in as a special luggage (call your airline and ask is it possible, do they offer insurance and how much it costs) or send it via e.g. UPS or FedEx to your door step.

6. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

thanx for the tips but, sending it via UPS or Fedex isnt it correct that it will be blocked by customs and therefore ill have to pay some extra tax?

7. miniroll32 macrumors 6502a

miniroll32

I'd refrain from travelling with these iMac's. The way the backlight panels have been, consistent shock would surely only create future problems with regards to reliability.

8. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

but if has the case, how does apple make its own transfers to different continents? say to europe for example! imacs ar still in their boxes, those boxes, are they not?