Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akilone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Magic Mouse and wireless keyboard doesn't work on Windows 7 via bootcamp. I find some tips how to pair keyboard with windows 7, but I dont even have bluetooth devices in control panel which probably means that built in bluetooth adapter isn't installed properly. I've downloaded latest drivers via bootcamp assistant and installed them in windows 7, but still nothing is fixed. I also downloaded some broadcom bluetooth driver, but that didn't help either. What should I do? How to make built in bluetooth adapter working in windows 7? I have 2011 iMac (3.4ghz). Now, I'm forced to use some cheap plastic keyboard with windows 7 instead of apple wireless keyboard.

SR20DETDOG

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2011
Queensland Australia
So the bluetooth wasn't working even from the very beginning?

I had the same problem with Windows 7 a while ago, all of a sudden I lost bluetooth completely, didn't have a spare wired keyboard either. Unfortunately after months of searching I couldn't find a fix for it. In the end it was easiest just to reinstall Windows, if you don't have a lot of data to transfer over or programs to install, then I'd just recommend this.

However, if someone does know how to fix it without reinstalling I'd love to know in case it ever happens again.

SkippyScud

macrumors member
May 10, 2011
USA
Magic Mouse and wireless keyboard doesn't work on Windows 7 via bootcamp. I find some tips how to pair keyboard with windows 7, but I dont even have bluetooth devices in control panel which probably means that built in bluetooth adapter isn't installed properly. I've downloaded latest drivers via bootcamp assistant and installed them in windows 7, but still nothing is fixed. I also downloaded some broadcom bluetooth driver, but that didn't help either. What should I do? How to make built in bluetooth adapter working in windows 7? I have 2011 iMac (3.4ghz). Now, I'm forced to use some cheap plastic keyboard with windows 7 instead of apple wireless keyboard.

Just a shot in the dark, you could try recreating the bootcamp driver disk on the mac side and remove and reload the driver on Win7? I have not run into the issue yet, my BT devices have been working fine since install.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.