iMac bundled keyboard different from standard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Vidd, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

Not that I'm irritated; I just find this strange.
    The keyboard that came with my iMac (UK) looks different from the online images.
    For some reason, it also boasts the American convention of the @ over 2 and the " in its place.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I ordered the wireless keyboard with mine because I thought it would be cool to not have any wires to mess with. I'm a little bummed because I didn't know it would be setup like my little 12" Powerbook's keyboard.

Wish I'd gone with the wired one and not spent the extra $$$.

3. leighonigar macrumors 6502a

The one you have is the same as the one I purchased on its own and the same in layout (excepting help, fn and delete) the the keyboards which came with all the older macs in my house. You get used to the @ positioning - it's not a problem switching from PC to Mac after a while. I'm not sure why the layouts differ but I wouldn't be too annoyed with it.

Oh, and those images must be from somewhere else, no UK keyboard would have a return key like that, surely?!

4. Hydramus macrumors member

That picture of the keyboard you are referring to is the US layout, they have the rectangular return key, while UK keyboards have the L-shaped key.

The @ over the 2, is a bit strange at first, but you get used to it.

You have nothing to worry about, everything is fine. Enjoy you iMac:)