iMac: Buy or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bwilhelm, May 16, 2007.

1. bwilhelm macrumors newbie

Hi I'm currently running a Windows PC and then I decided to get a new computer. So I thought why not go with a Mac. After some careful deliberation I decided that the iMac was right for me. Now the problem is should I buy now or wait because I've heard from a lot of people that it would be updated recently and I would get screwed. I'm also a little hesitant to buy with Apple's new OS around the corner; I don't really want to dish out $100 - $200 to get it when it’s released. Does apple ever offer any express upgrades when they release a new OS. If somebody could advise me I would really appreciate it.

2. iBunny macrumors 65816

I would wait at least until WWDC. It seems like if they are updated, it will be at WWDC. Its only like 3 weeks aways, so its worth the wait. :D

3. jklps macrumors regular

And what is lost in all the nonsense of the Macbook update complaints is that as of this second the Macbook is the only Mac to come with -n wireless built in and activated without any additional requirements.

That in itself would indicate the possibility of some more updates the next few weeks.