iMac buying dilemma - Please advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Zaci, Nov 12, 2008.

  1. Zaci macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2008
    #1
    Well about 6 months ago I decided to buy an iMac after I experienced some really nice video editing on a Mac, and to be honest I really want to get one. The thing is that I didn't have enough money so I've been waiting for the holidays to get a better deal. Actually I want to get the iMac 20 inch, 2.4GHz for my lower budget.

    I'm from México so the advise is more like a financial-world-crisis and apple-coming-soon-products sort of thing because 2 weeks ago Apple México had a nearly 25% price increase which sucks and now makes it even harder to buy. However, I may be able to buy it with monthly payments even with the price increase during Christmas time. Other thing to consider is that usually in México at every beggining of the year, things get more expensive and so are electronics.

    I'm wondering if I should wait for January Mac World San Francisco, forget the monthly payments, expect the PESO to get weaker against the US dollar, and wait (again) for another sale special OR get the iMac for the holidays and hope nothing really important gets updated on the iMac like design, cheaper price, faster CPU, etc. You know, nobody wants to buy something and 3 months later is already outdated.

    Any advice, comments or suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
     
  2. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

    DesignerOnMac

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2007
    #2
    1. ANY computer you buy now or later, even with a 'new' model is oudated upon release.

    2. Whether you buy now or later, the computer will still do what you want it to do.

    3. There is probably be no redesign of the iMac. At most a speed bumb, since some of Intels new chips won't be out until later next year.

    Good luck!
     
  3. Tomorrow macrumors 604

    Tomorrow

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2008
    Location:
    Always a day away
    #3
    IF there's some sort of speed bump or other very minor revision to the iMac lineup in January, there's a possibility that the previous stock (which are the current models now) may be discounted - I've seen this happen inside the Apple Store.

    If the iMac lineup doesn't see any changes in January, then you shouldn't be any worse off for waiting. The question is, is it more important for you to wait for a better price, or to have the computer now? That may answer your question better.
     
  4. Zaci thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2008
    #4
    Thank you all. Thanks for your time and advice.
     

Share This Page