iMac Buying

Discussion in 'iMac' started by sird28, Jul 10, 2013.

1. sird28 macrumors member

Hello,

I have been interested in a iMac for awhile. But I haven't been able to pull the trigger.

I will still need access to Windows Via Bootcamp. This won't be an issue, but to put it frank I'm bored with Windows 8 and am very interested in OSX.

I have 2 Apple TV's Ipad 4th gen, and 2 iPhone 5's in the house. It seems a natural extension to go with the iMac to replace my 6 year old PC.

My question is what do I need to buy is the question. I do not due very much heavy computing, I would be creating documents, power points, web browsing, streaming video, and playing League of Legends. I am not a PC Gamer really but do enjoy that game quite a bit. I really love the 27" form factor as well. So I don't think 21.5 is really an option. Although I do have a separate monitor 23" Samsung

Any suggestions on the build that makes the most sense?

2. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

I would STRONGLY recommend you visit your local Apple Store or Apple Reseller. Coming to a rumors site isn't the best method of choosing you will get varied advice and probably end up more confused. If you don't know where the closest Apple Store is to you then navigate to Apple's web site and you can find one. The store locater is at:

http://www.apple.com/retail/

3. sird28 thread starter macrumors member

Im looking for more video card advise of what could run LoL very well. I am going with a i5 and most likely a regular HDD.

4. Bear macrumors G3

You'll want the 675MX or 680MX for gaming.