iMac Camera Question

Discussion in 'iMac' started by e1g, May 2, 2013.

1. e1g macrumors newbie

I just recently noticed my isight camera light does not turn on when i have photobooth or facetime running...i got the new 2012 iMac 27". Does it not have one?

2. RRF985 macrumors member

Mine has a little green light that come on when I open FaceTime.

3. trustever macrumors 6502

mine has got a very small green led that turns on when the camera is on, I am afraid that you might have a faulty one

4. e1g thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there a setting that maybe turns it off or anything i can verify before i take it into Apple?

Thanks

Dan

5. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Dan, you have 90 days of free AppleCare telephone support, chances are it's just a setting you don't have correct. Give them a call, if you don't know their number (I don't know where you are located) you can start with:

www.apple.com/contact/phone_contacts.html

6. benwiggy macrumors 68020

There is no setting (for obvious security reasons). The light is hard-wired to the camera. When the camera is turned on, the light is too.

If yours isn't on, it's faulty. Should be covered by warrantee or statutory consumer rights.

7. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

Heh I would sketch out so bad if I saw that happening. I'd cover it.

I'd be worried someone was hacking it. I'm sure that's not the case but it's not unheard for that to happen on Windows PC's. I put a little piece of tape over it just in case;)