Imac cannot transfer my photos from iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by zzkenoman, Aug 11, 2008.

1. zzkenoman macrumors newbie

Heres the situation:

I was consolodating my photos in iphoto on my iMac G5, I had just done a sync and it copied all my photos on my iphone. I somehow messed up my iphoto library and lost my photos, however the photos are on my iphone, but when I connect to itunes, it doesnt recognize the photos being on the iphone. If I take a photo, it will only recognize the one photo and not any of the other photos I have (about 5000). I tried launching image capture but even that program only saw the 1 photo. Is there a way to pull the photos off the iphone like making it a target drive, or is there a recommended file transfer I can use to manually pull the photos off the iphone? I have the 1gen phone with 2.01 installed 8gig. Thanks for your help.

2. siddharth1008 macrumors newbie

Same Problem

I am having a similar problem. My macbook crashed and I have got a new iMac but can't transfer photos from my iphone library to iMac. Can someone suggest a good software programme to transfer these?

Thanks.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You can use phoneview, although it costs money. Another alternative is to use sharepod (google it), which is free, if you can find a Windows PC. There are some other alternatives, but they escape me at the moment.

Or you could see the thread
    several threads below yours.

4. Galarina macrumors member

Galarina

Whatever tool you use to get the synchronized photos of the iPhone, they will always be reduced in size compared to the originals.
    iTunes downsizes photos to a 480x320 resolution (the resolution of the iPhone screen) when syncing photos to an iPhone.
    iPhoto or Image Capture only import photos stored in the Camera Roll.