iMac can't connect to PC

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by La Chupacabra, Apr 7, 2014.

1. La Chupacabra macrumors newbie

La Chupacabra

Hello, few days ago I set up on iMac (Mountain Lion) access to Shared Folder which is on a PC laptop (Windows 7). Till yesterday it was working all fine. I could access the folder, read and write inside it. Now iMac can still see that PC but can't connect to it. :confused: When I try to do it it says "Connection Failed". I haven't change anything since it worked. Anyone has a clue what happened and how to fix it?

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Sometimes Windows forgets connections if the clocks are out of sync. If you connect regularly then make sure your Windows 7 box is using the same time server as your Mac. Plus you setup the shared folder in windows 7 the same way describe in the blog post File Sharing With Snow Leopard: Sharing OS X 10.6 Files With Windows 7 (pay attention to the setup for Windows 7 Advanced sharing setup).

3. La Chupacabra thread starter macrumors newbie

La Chupacabra

Thanks for your help, but this website only explains how to set up shared folder on Mac. My shared folder is on a PC.

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Have you rebooted the PC yet?

5. La Chupacabra thread starter macrumors newbie

La Chupacabra

I did, but it didn't help. What solved the problem was restoring system image on the PC. I hope it won't happen again. Thanks for your time Satcomer.