iMac cant find my pictures in applications

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ndwgolf, Mar 27, 2009.

1. ndwgolf macrumors regular

I am trying to get my photos out of iphoto in applications 179mb and put them into my iphoto library in pictures but I cant do it I have tried using import but iphoto in applications is not highlighted.
    Please help me get all my pictures out of applications and into my library.
    Also when I try and connect my camera to import my pictures my computer keeps looking for my time capsule, no idea why??

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Everything that you see in the iPhoto interface should also be in your iPhoto Library, unless at some point the checkmark in iPhoto's advanced preferences to copy items to the library when adding them was de-selected. I'll show you how to get into the iPhoto Library and take a look in there so you can verify that all the files you expect to be in there are actually there, but do not start picking through files, or renaming/moving files in there unless you want to possibly lose information.
    Depending on whether you have iPhoto 6 or before or iPhoto 08/09, inside of your Pictures folder will either be an iPhoto Library folder or a package with an icon that looks like the iPhoto application rather than a plain blue folder. I'm going to proceed on the assumption that you have iPhoto 08/09 since you can just double-click on the folder and open up the library if its iPhoto 6 or earlier. Right-click or control+click on the iPhoto Library, select the option for "Show Package Contents" Inside the new window that appears, look for the Originals folder. Inside of that will be years, like 2008, 2007, etc. and inside of the year folders will be the names of events or roll #'s if you upgraded from a previous version of iPhoto. Look inside the folders for the JPEGs and other images iPhoto imported.

About your other issue, not sure why connecting a digital camera would bring up an interface that relates to the Time Capsule. Post a screenshot if you can so we can help your figure out what's going on.

3. ndwgolf thread starter macrumors regular

I found the original iphoto library it was in the trash, I dragged it into pictures and everything is still there but when I try and import I get the cant connect to Time capsule

Attached Files:

4. ndwgolf thread starter macrumors regular

I also keep getting this

Attached Files:

5. teckno101 macrumors newbie