iMac can't send emails? Need Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Abbey Lane, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Abbey Lane macrumors newbie

On my "iMac" I can receive email but can't send from it. I'm using the email that came with the computer.

It was fine last Wednesday, then started refusing to send the emails. Then it was fine on Thursday afternoon, but stopped sending again on Thursday evening.

The error coming up says the server cannot connect.

I contacted the server company and they tell me it's a MAC/Apple problem. I contacted MAC/Apple and they told me it's the server problem.

Strange thing is, that everything works fine when I use the PC for emails.

Both are hardwired from a "D-Link".

Suggestions?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Check your outgoing mail server settings. These kinds of issues pop up all the time; it's almost always a misconfiguration.

If you're using a webmail service like GMail, instructions are available online on how to configure your mail client of choice. Most of the other webmail services have the same information available.

3. Abbey Lane thread starter macrumors newbie

I checked settings and all is the same. Nothing has changed. My server and Apple both took over my computer and said their side works and blames each other.

I'm really getting pissed. I might have to go back to my old PC.

4. Abbey Lane thread starter macrumors newbie

Here is something strange.

I just tried the email again and it allowed me to send five emails.

However, it blocked the sixth email and now it doesn't send again.

What is going on?

5. Daffodil macrumors 6502

Daffodil

Can you be more specific? It's hard to help based on "my mail's not working."

I assume you're using the Mail app? What is your email provider? Did you look at your settings like miles suggested? Did you check that they match the configuration that your mail client recommends?

6. Abbey Lane, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011

Abbey Lane thread starter macrumors newbie

I did answer Miles.

My mail is the one that came with the "iMac". It's been working fine for two years.

My provider is the local phone company. They and I have gone over all the settings. They say all is working fine.

I have gone over the settings with MAC/Apple tech people they say all is fine.

I think the problem is with the MAC. It's probably not "in the manual/rule book". We have to look at something outside of the box.

I was talking with a lady in Southern Ontario that has been having the same problem for months.