iMac changes login to 10.8 Server

Discussion in 'iMac' started by macuser3102, Jul 22, 2013.

1. macuser3102 macrumors newbie

Hi All, I've got a couple of2 year old 27" iMacs used as workstations and another 4 year old imac with Mountain Lion Server App installed.
    I've setup 2 users in the server app, given them both full permissions. If I logon to the "server" using either username/password, all works great.

My issue is that during the course of a day I find the login or "Connect As" function keeps reverting to "Guest". When its set to guest, I cant save files back to the server or open files saved on the server. If I change the "Connect As" back to the correct username/password, it all works fine again.

Its very frustrating, does anyone have any ideas?:confused::confused:

The setup:
    2 x 2011 27" iMac with 10.7.5 (workstations)
    1 x 2009 27" iMac with 10.8.4 and OS X Server
    All networked through Netgear modem/router via cable.

Cheers
    Dave

2. Mr Rabbit macrumors 6502a

Mr Rabbit

I assume you're connecting to the server through the shared section in a Finder window?

Are you checking the "Remember this password in keychain" option below the name / password fields? This should allow you to connect without reverting back to Guest. If you ARE checking that checkbox and it's still prompting as guest then you may need to clear the keychain entry for it in Keychain Access.

Attached Files:

3. macuser3102 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes thats right, connecting through the finder window. The remember... option is ticked. Do you mean clearing the "guest" entry in keychain or the username entry?