IMac coming 2013. Glad I bgt 2 months ago

Discussion in 'iMac' started by blacksurfer, Jun 12, 2012.

1. blacksurfer macrumors regular

Disappointed by the lack of a new iMac and measly Mac Pro updates? They could be due next year, according to one report.
    Writing for the New York Times, David Pogue says an Apple executive assured him that new models, with new designs, are in the works, "probably" to be released in 2013.

Source CnET

----------

Probably Hahahaha now I'm glad bought my iMac 2 months ago. I'll upgrade to Mountain Lion for $19.

2. Henriksdk macrumors newbie

I'm glad you bought out apple's old stock. So there will be space for my new Imac.

3. necromorph macrumors regular

necromorph

Don't believe a word that apple say :(

4. xxmarkc macrumors member

I agree. I brought in early Feb and have got loads of utility value out of my iMac - far more than what I might loose by having older technology when a upgrade is eventually released.

To the poster beware: a few weeks ago I posting a simlar post having a dig at the waiters. Within minutes my post was dumped in the junk yard.

5. Matador Red macrumors member

We can probably look forward to a rash of smug posts just like this one gloating over their really smart decision to buy 2011 iMac full of old hardware. Congrats to you!:rolleyes:

6. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

This does nothing to eliminate the possibility of a refresh this year.

7. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

It depends on your situation. I'm still using a functioning early 2008 MBP, So I can wait. I need the best Mac that I can get within my budget, so it's worth it to me to at least wait until ML to see what to do. I would imagine that there would be a spec bump sometime sooner than 2013, which is what I'll be buying.

8. CavalierLion macrumors newbie

I wouldn't be too proud that you paid a premium for old/obsolete technology.

9. xxmarkc macrumors member

I do not support your analysis. Each day you own and use your 2011 iMac you are getting value back out of it. The day a new iMac is released you 2011 iMac is worth less than a new iMac I agree - but as long as you have got sufficient utility value out of your use to cover that drop in value you are not any worse off.

Also to be frank I expect a very high percentage of users would not notice any difference for the apps they run between any of the iMacs over the last few years.

10. Knara macrumors member

Don't you understand??? There's an ethereal expiration date in all Macs and if you don't get a new one by a certain date, all the work you do on it is retroactively undone!!! :rolleyes:

11. NunoBerny macrumors regular

NunoBerny

For what is worth, I don't think the issue is if work is still being done waiting for the new iMac. The issue is paying up for 1 year old technology as if it had appeared yesterday.
    That's the real frustration of someone wanting to buy an iMac now.

12. moonbeep macrumors member

moonbeep

Bought an iMac in January and am planning to keep it till at least 2015,does what i need it too and am happy with my purchase...(",)

13. Knara macrumors member

In the practical realm, there's very little in the last year that has advanced enough performance-wise to effect my workflow in the iMac / all-in-one form factor. I did have to move up to 12gb RAM in order to run 64bit CS5.5 along with other apps, but that seems to be more a factor of Lion being memory hungry vs Snow Leopard than anything else.

If I needed to, I'd happily buy the same iMac again today that I did last fall.

14. karpich1 macrumors regular

Everyone's requirements are different. Some people might be waiting because their older machines are getting a bit on the slow side to run the newest games or whatever... and don't want to pay for a 2011 PC for 2012 prices... IF a new one is just a short hop away.

Personally, I'm moving soon and was hoping to migrate BACK to Apple with my new purchase. I went from Mac->PC with my last rig do to price + requirements for stuff for work.

In my new place, my "office" will be in a more open area visible to visitors (instead of my bedroom). And my Tower is damaged and has wires all over, and is having other technical issues... I'd rather just replace that with a 27" iMac. Faster than what I got, but the all-in-one fits open office better.

I'm moving in about a month. If something new is out then (or there are STRONG rumors about a speed bump) then I'll wait a little longer. Otherwise I'll get what they have in mid/late July

15. NunoBerny macrumors regular

NunoBerny

I understand that, but there are 3 things that I was hoping for on the new iMac:
    1- SSD as standard (or larger HD)
    2- USB
    3- improvement in CPU and GPU

This would be what I want/need for my money NOW.
    I don't care about thinner design or any of that.
    I just want to pay for my all-in-one and have as close as possible to TODAYS technology.

Or, failing that, lower prices for what is now available.