iMac competition

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Brandiño, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Brandiño macrumors newbie

I am just about sold on the 2012 27" iMac with a 1TB fusion, but this long EPP delay has given me lots of time to think things over. What Windows-based computers do you know that give the iMac a run for its money?

If it helps any, I am interested in the iMac primarily for: longevity, aesthetics (on-screen and on-desk), and the ability to multitask (screen size and power).

Thanks!

2. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

Maybe.....

and it is a BIG maybe, the HP envy series are worth looking.....just my 2 cents.

:):apple:

3. erikjorg macrumors newbie

My solution to speed

The way to get a superfast mac would be to keep all your data on the internal HD and use a SSD external connected with Thunderbolt cable for all your applications and some of your data that is slow to access. (Movie files etc.) I set one of my 27" up like this about 6 months ago and ended up with a extremely fast Mac. The SSD will give you much better file management and speed than Hybrid drive.
    I also work with Windows but the user friendliness is not a patch on Apple OS.

4. ser968 macrumors member

My EPP is only 6%, so I bought from a 3rd part reseller that didn't charge sales tax (plus gave a small discount). Plus their applecare was cheaper. I am kicking myself that I didn't do it sooner.

5. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

There is no competition because no other computer would be running OS X and include the other excellent software that comes standard with a Mac.