iMac corrupted, can't restore, still on Beta, please help.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by joejoejoe, Oct 3, 2013.

1. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

I know the answers are out there but I'm a little panicked and am having trouble making sense of all the info, please help!

I'm still on beta 5 because my iMac that I restore from is corrupted, and backups just hang. I need to restore my phone to GM so that it can continue updating via the standard route, and apparently I only have three days.

Is there any way I can restore from a new computer so that my camera roll, settings, apps, etc, everything stay in effect? I don't have enough room in iCloud storage to backup my camera roll.

I'm afraid if I use a new computer to restore than I'll use anything that's not iCloud (music, camera roll, etc). I can deal with music, that's something I can sync later on, but my photos are imp to me and I like the way the new photos app organizes everything and would like not to lose that if possible.

Thank you in advance!!

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Sounds like you should buy more iCloud storage, back up to iCloud, and find a PC to use to restore the GM.

Or delete videos/pictures to make space.

3. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

Just connect your iPhone to a different computer, it'll ask you to transfer all your purchases, say yes (you will lose your music if you didn't buy it from iTunes), back up and then you can download the latest iOS 7 software.

NOTE: to be on the safe side transfer your photos to the computer manually using Image Capture on a Mac.

4. Mabus51 macrumors 6502

make sure you authorize the new computer with your Apple ID. Otherwise the backup will not save the data even if the purchased apps transfer to it. ;) Other than that you should be safe.

5. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

I don't know if this works but if you need more time I believe you can set the time back on the device. I have seen people do it in earlier betas of iOS 5 and 6.

6. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

thank you guys. this is why i love the community here at macrumors. yall are the best.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

If you're not missing anything on the phone now, you could repair the corruption on the iMac, delete the backup, then take a (new) backup of the phone.