Imac crashes router

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bramstoker, Aug 8, 2012.

1. bramstoker macrumors newbie

Hi
    My iMac was running fine, then i started to notice lots of disconnections from my isp on my router, i had a new router installed, but now the same thing happens but it is only when i plug the imac's ethernet port in. i have several other machines and they work fine right up to the point of plugging the iMac in, then i loose all outgoing connections.
    I have no disconnects while the imac runs wireless. I suspect that the imac was causing the problems all along and it has a hardware problem.
    Anyone else seen this or have any ideas??

Cheers

2. x-machine macrumors newbie

Do you have any other devices on the same network? Where are you seeing the 'disconnects'?

3. bramstoker thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi
    I have several machines on a ethernet network and a apple tv and some other stuff on the wireless. Everything is fine untill i swap the imac from wireless to ethernet. That seems to crash the the router, no connectivity on any of the machines on ethernet, the old router page showed i was disconnected from the isp and a connect would fix this for a while.
    The disconnects go more and more frequent, i swapped to wireless on the mac at the same time as the router was replaced and everything was fine, i just happened to try the ethernet again last night and instant disconnect.
    Cheers