Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alex.james

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Hey guys,

I'm writing on a friends behalf about an iMac order he placed.

He ordered the CTO i7 shortly before the refresh (beginning of June), and by the time of the refresh, it still hadn't arrived. Apple agreed to cancel his order and send the refreshed machine and he just received his unit a few days ago. He ordered through a reseller and bought it on finance.

Now, he wants to know if he has a case for a legitimate complaint:

1) He is 3 months down on the 12 month interest free arrangement he had
2) The computer took 2 and a half months (!) to arrive
3) Up until the refresh, he was still waiting on an Apple 'component shortage'

I received my new iMac before him so I have no idea why it took Apple so long to build his.

What do you guys think?

Migra

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2010
Hey guys,

I'm writing on a friends behalf about an iMac order he placed.

He ordered the CTO i7 shortly before the refresh (beginning of June), and by the time of the refresh, it still hadn't arrived. Apple agreed to cancel his order and send the refreshed machine and he just received his unit a few days ago. He ordered through a reseller and bought it on finance.

Now, he wants to know if he has a case for a legitimate complaint:

1) He is 3 months down on the 12 month interest free arrangement he had
2) The computer took 2 and a half months (!) to arrive
3) Up until the refresh, he was still waiting on an Apple 'component shortage'

I received my new iMac before him so I have no idea why it took Apple so long to build his.

What do you guys think?
I think there resides the problem, reseller shipping always sucks!!!

alex.james

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
That's the problem, they're blaming Apple and Apple is blaming them.

Not sure what he should do here. Possibly ask for some of deposit back?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Resellers are on the bottom of the shipping list when an update has been released so it will always take longer time to get something from a reseller, especially if it's BTO. I've heard this same several times from Finnish people because we have no Apple Stores in here, it's either online or from a reseller.

Only legitimate complaint he could make is to extend the no interest time to the original 12 months from the date of delivery.

Basically it's the reseller's fault and you shouldn't be interested where they get them and why is it late. He ordered it from the reseller thus the reseller is responsible to deliver it, not Apple. They cannot tell you to call Apple or smth like that because you never dealt with them. It's reseller's duty to deal with the issue with Apple and complain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.