iMac Delivery Time!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dannyboxer, Nov 23, 2008.

1. dannyboxer macrumors regular

dannyboxer

I'm going to order a iMac in the next few days and will be customizing the order to have a wireless keyboard and mouse. Will this affect the delivery time and how long does it usually take for a iMac to get delivered?

I am in the UK and will be ordering online through Apple.co.uk.

Please tell me how long it took you to get your iMac.
    I've heard the delivery is quite quick in some cases but in others it can take as long as 3 weeks! :eek:

2. dannyboxer thread starter macrumors regular

dannyboxer

3. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Not that it should really change wether you order your mac or not, but mine took about a week and a half. All I did was customize the wireless keyboard and mouse. If you change hardware, it might take a bit longer.

Saying that, a friend got a refurb in about 3 days. I think the difference there was that it was already in the UK.

4. dannyboxer thread starter macrumors regular

dannyboxer

Ok, a week and a half is fine for me, would've liked it a bit quicker but it's okay, I can wait that long.

5. adminkatana macrumors newbie

I ordered a Build to Order 24" on the 6th of November, and it arrived on the 13th. So exactly one week for me.

6. 2Sticky macrumors regular

My refurb took 3 days/

You could save money and get your iMac quicker by buying a refurb iMac, and then ordering the wireless keyboard mouse separately... If your that fussed.

7. dannyboxer thread starter macrumors regular

dannyboxer

Yeah, but I'm getting my iMac with educational discount and that works out cheaper than a refurb with a wireless keyboard and mouse bought separately.:)

8. AlexisV macrumors 68000

AlexisV

No customisation meant mine took 2 days (well, ordered evening Tuesday, came morning Thursday)