iMac Delivery times to uk?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by funlad, Feb 9, 2010.

1. funlad macrumors regular

My estimated delivery date is 18th February, but I'm hoping it will be here much sooner?! There is no tracking info yet - however when logging in through the USA Apple Store I get the info that it's being shipped by Kuhne & Nagel, so I assume it hasn't reached the local courier yet.

Does anyone else in the UK have experience of how long it actually takes to be delivered from the shipping date?

Update - I just called Apple to find out the status - they say that the machine is sitting in the Hinkley (Liecestershire) Distribution centre - but will not leave until 12th Feb (3 more days) and still may not get to me until 18th - it is usual for such a long wait?

Thanks!

p.s. my machine will be week 6, and number 1284 off the line that week

2. funlad thread starter macrumors regular

Got my final delivery date!

Well I have my final tracking details, and my iMac should be delivered tomorrow 12th February.

Thats 15 days since it was ordered (28th Jan) and 7 days since the item was shipped from China (5th Feb.)

Not bad considering when I ordered there was supposidly a 3 week wait for shipping - and when shipped the delivery date was scheduled to be 18th Feb!