iMac desk stand ideas

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Qwerty11, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Qwerty11 macrumors regular

I've got a 27" iMac and two other 27" displays. I also have two Mackie 8" studio reference monitors. Currently the iMac is elevated on math books and the extra monitors are on-top of the speakers. I'm about to change that.

I want to build a wooden stand to go on-top of my desk. The iMac will be elevated 3", the speakers will be elevated 5" to be at ear level, and the two extra 27" monitors will be mounted on arms above the speakers/iMac. I could use some suggestions though.

I want to have 110V receptacles and usb ports on the front side of the stand. I'm trying to brainstorm on a clean way to do this.

I also am trying to figure out the mounting aspects of the 2 extra monitors. I don't want to do a wall mount as I can't easily re-arrange the room if I want to. I want the monitors to be extended and tilted down. The bottom of the extra monitors would be in-line with the top of the iMac, but the top of the monitors would be forward creating the tilt.

Any suggestions, advise, or whatever is welcomed!

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

In the many Mac oriented magazines you can see ads for vendors of custom desks with adjustable height, back panels for hanging monitors,,,,etc. even if you do not purchase one, research them for ideas.