iMac Died

Discussion in 'iMac' started by JWSandi, Mar 25, 2015.

1. JWSandi macrumors regular

My early 2007 iMac finally gave up the ghost this afternoon.

She gave me years of trouble free Apple Awesomeness, so I cannot complain one bit.

So a trip to the Apple Store and here I sit on my brand new 27" inch iMac and man it is nice! :D

Looking forward to 8 happy years out of my new friend.

So raise a glass of whatever you're drinking to my almost 8 year old iMac who left us today and say hello to my new 27" iMac :apple:

2. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

3. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

His sig mentions a 3.4 i5, so non-retina ;)

4. JWSandi thread starter macrumors regular

This. :)

5. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

Any reason for going for the non retina iMac? I'm just asking because in the market for a 27 inch iMac but cannot decide which one to go for.. retina or not.. looking at refurbs.

6. bliggs macrumors regular

bliggs

Very nice! I have the same model iMac, 2007 24" and it's still going strong! I hope this isn't a sign of the end lol :eek:. Congratulations on your new iMac purchase! I am probably not too far behind you.

7. winston1236 macrumors 68000

I can't speak for the OP but I just went through buying an iMac 27 inch non-retina. Mine has maxed out specs though and since I based my model on speed scored of 64 bit single core (http://browser.primatelabs.com/mac-benchmarks) for mograph work the price premium for the 4k wasn't worth it being only slightly faster than a maxed out 27 inch non retina.

Plus while I'm sure the retina has a beautiful screen I've never looked at an iMac and thought that it wasn't good enough.

8. matreya macrumors 65816

matreya

Well, as someone that owned a recent (2013) iMac, and now owns a Retina iMac, I would say you really need to see one for yourself. Once you do, you'll likely choose the Retina because the screen is just superb.

If you do go with a regular iMac, make sure you get one with at least a Fusion drive or better still an SSD. It makes a huge difference to the responsiveness of the Mac.