iMac differences......

Discussion in 'iMac' started by trevolly, Oct 7, 2013.

1. trevolly macrumors member

Hey all,

I wonder if anyone can help.... I am looking at purchasing a 27" iMac and have been looking online, deciding on a 3.5GHz i7, with a 1TB fusion drive and a GeForce GTX775MX (2gb GDDR5ram) priced at £2098.99 (through www.apple.co.uk est del 5-7 business days)

[​IMG]

When my wife has gone in to our local Apple store to ask if they do models with fusion drives avail to buy in-store they have said yes but the model they are saying that is the latest is 3.4GHz i7, with a 1TB fusion drive, GeForce GTX 680MX (2gb GDDR5ram) priced at £2149.

[​IMG]

Instore they are adamant that the second iMac is the latest model and can give no reason why online are showing different specs and prices....

Can anyone help or give any advice who I could contact to find out which machine is the latest model (AppleCare?)

Regards all...:)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. tomwvr macrumors regular

tomwvr

That is the prior model not the new haswell model. Tell them you will take it for 200.00 below what the new Imac is and see if they bite.

Tom

3. Bear macrumors G3

The 3.4GHZ i7/680MX is the lkate 2012 model.

Some Apple stores are getting the late 2013 (current) model in the configuration of 3.5GHz i7/3TB Fusion Drive/780M.

4. nobodyhome macrumors member

I know this sounds like a dumb question, but how do you go about telling the different models apart?

The iMac my Apple Store gave me had different specs for the computer than what was printed on the box.

5. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Yeah, that's the late 2012 model, the exact same spec as what I have as a matter of fact.

6. trevolly thread starter macrumors member

Thanks all, thats what I thought. Annoying that they were standing in store in front of my wife saying it's the latest Haswell model.

I know they have to sell previous models still but if they were honest and said that was the case and they are x amount discounted then people would prob consider whether it was worthwhile or not.

7. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Me too, and I only paid £1600 for it pre-owned (5 month old), and it had 24GB RAM :)

8. AaronM5670 macrumors 6502

AaronM5670

Go to the Apple menu -> About This Mac -> More Info and it comes up (Late 2012, Late 2013 etc.)

9. mrmarts macrumors 65816

The 680MX was last year iteration of video card which has been replaced by the 7 series i.e. 780m.

10. iamgalactic macrumors regular

that's really shady - they're either blatantly lying or have no product knowledge. both scenarios are bad for your local store... that is last years model they're touting as a new one - still a great machine, but as someone else suggested it needs a serious discount.