Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleCandidate

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
A while back a bought an alu iMac24 but the screen was troublesome, with some yellow tint on the right side. I've read people complaining about it in this forum as well but those threads seem to have stopped.

Was this problem ever solved by Apple or is it still just a matter of going through the purchase and return of many displays until finding the right one?

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
A while back a bought an alu iMac24 but the screen was troublesome, with some yellow tint on the right side. I've read people complaining about it in this forum as well but those threads seem to have stopped.

Was this problem ever solved by Apple or is it still just a matter of going through the purchase and return of many displays until finding the right one?

I got my 24" iMac about 2 months ago and the display is absolutely perfect - it rivals the quality of my 23" Cinema Display, is backlit evenly and has no colour cast anywhere.

AppleCandidate

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Thanks guys, that's good to know. I'm just worried becuase some people don't see this light yellow tint on the right side cos' it's kinda faint. I hope that this was solved then.

G-Force

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2006
I see it on my new 24-inch iMac, but it is very small and only visible on a white background... All 4 of the 24-inch Early 2008 iMacs I have seen have it.

AppleCandidate

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
That's what i was afraid of - so do all iMacs still have it? do you think that just some people don't see it or that some machines actually don't have it?

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
That's what i was afraid of - so do all iMacs still have it? do you think that just some people don't see it or that some machines actually don't have it?

I've looked pretty closely, and can't see any yellowish tint on my screen, plus I know that a couple other members on here recently picked up a 24 iMac and had great screens too. :)

Don't got it here ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.