iMac does not recognize second monitor...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by big-e, Dec 24, 2010.

1. big-e macrumors newbie

I have a early 2008 24" iMac, and I finally decided to add a second monitor to increase workflow.

I purchased an eMachines 23" HD monitor (see here).

I connected the new monitor using a Mini-DVI > DVI connector and a regular DVI cable. (Both from monoprice.com).

The problem is that I cannot get the computer to recognize the new monitor.

As soon as I plug in the cables in the back, the iMac screen goes blue several times, but that is it. The second monitor recognizes that it is connected to something, but it is not getting a signal. I did try the new monitor on a laptop, and it is working fine, so that is not the issue.

Is there anything thing I overlooked? I did check the internet and saw that there have been more reported cases of this, but I cannot find a definite solution to the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for me to try to get this thing working?

2. XposeLA macrumors newbie

Same Problem With Samsung HDMI

It worked fine, upgraded to the latest 10.6.5 and now I can not get the TV n iMAC to synch. :O( Tried PRAM reboot, powered off TV, ran discover again and again to no look. Same blue screens then nothing, nothing happens using System Preferences Display.