iMac doesn't see Right mouse button

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mikebike125, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Mikebike125 macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

This is odd. I wanted to change the configuration of my three button Logitech mouse (wired mouse) that I have connected to my iMac and although the right button is working, the System preferences pane shows a TWO button mouse. In System preferences I used to see a much larger screen for setting up the mouse where I could select what each one of the buttons functions were. Now it just shows a simple mouse. How can I get it to detect that my mouse is a three button?

Using Mavericks and a Logitec M-BD53. I know the mouse is old, but the mouse is working but I can't see the proper configuration screen.

HELP!!

2. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

install bettertouchtool and see if it helps you

3. Mikebike125 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mikebike125

Will that correct the system preferences so that the third button shows up?

4. dwig macrumors 6502

Questions:

• Was your iMac "born" with Mavericks or did you upgrade from an earlier OS?
    • Have you seen the old larger Preferences panel when running Maverick or was it last seen before an OS upgrade?

If you've upgraded to Mavericks and haven't seen the 3-button panel since before the upgrade it may be that you had an additional Logitech driver installed that didn't survive the upgrade. Mavericks will disable incompatible 3rd-party drivers during upgrade; it doesn't automagically find a new updated replacement driver. I suggest that you contact Logitech and download a new driver for the mouse if one is available for Mavericks.

5. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

nope, but it will probably let you configure your mouse to do whatever you want.