Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cowman007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
I personally believe this is a leopard problem. I did not have the sleep issue in tiger i remember that quite well. Hopefully a software update will fix this :rolleyes:

mrpalmer420

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
OUt of no where this weekend my Machine started putting itself to sleep again. i changed nothing on the system and no updates downloaded.

this is weird.

cowman007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
So how does one fix this problem

So then how should one go about fixing this sleep issue???? I tried repairing permissions and resetting pram. Whenever my computer is supposed to automatically sleep all it does it turn off the display!!! The hard drive an internals are still moving since i can hear them!!

orpheus1120

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2008
Malaysia
I would suggest going through the apple doc I linked earlier, and see if you missed anything in it. Other than that, you would need an OS X developer to answer our question. We can only try what we know, which is limited at this time.

cowman007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
Tiger didn't have this problem

At first i thought it was OS specific, happens to me on a pretty inconsistent basis, but then got leopard and still happens, oh well.

That weird because I dont remember haing this problem in Tiger. I remember my computer sleeping automatically but now i installed Leopard and I have this issue.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
I'm having this very annoying problem :mad: I tried SMC and PRAM reset, repairing permissions etc but no go. I booted into safe mode and surprisingly it did auto-sleep, so I started to think that Growl may have caused it (updated it few days ago) but I uninstalled it and it didn't sleep. Aaargh! This is driving me crazy. I used auto-sleep a lot because sometimes I just leave it without putting it to sleep.

banyakbagus

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2010
iMac would not sleep automatically

I just bought a iMac and had the problem from day 1. After spending hours on apple help and spending hours calling apple support and doing what they told including archive & install, hardware test, reset smc and pram and repairing disk permission I still could not fix the problem.

I then visited this forum and tried the fixes with no success but when I looked at the MacPro threads I found a suggestion to download an application called Please Sleep and it worked!!!!!

Give it a try at http://www.dragonone.com/products/macosx/pleasesleep/
it is shareware with donation from happy clients - I will definitely give them a donation and I urge you to do the same if it works for you - these people deserve all the help they can get to develop apps that makes life easier for us.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.