iMac dust issue?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by itskristian, Jul 7, 2010.

1. itskristian macrumors newbie

One of my friends just brought over his cousin's 21.5" iMac (current gen), and it seems to have a major dust problem.

My plan is to take off the glass part and just clean the panel, maybe with a cloth or some Windex. Anyone have experience with this or just some general advice?

Attached Files:

2. maf2k8 macrumors 6502

If my i7 iMac looked ANYTHING like that, I would walk right into a Apple store and throw it up on the counter and demand a new one...That is INSANE!!!

3. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

I'd ask for a brand new iMac in general-- that screen is majorly yellow.

4. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

WTF??? Well, if you are planning on cleaning the screen make sure you use some sort of gloves so you will not put any fingerprints on the back of the glass and also remember suction cups.

WARNING: No matter how bad it looks now, DO NOT use windex or any chemicals on your LCD screen unless it was specifically made for your screen. Ammonia and other household cleaners are known to damage LCD screens.

5. Eduardo1971 macrumors 65816

Eduardo1971

I would let Apple deal with it. I know the computer is not yours but why should you go through the hassle of cleaning it when Apple has employees whose responsibilty is to repair/maintain the products it sell.