iMac dvd ripper

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jbstyle629, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Jbstyle629 macrumors newbie

Jbstyle629

I was wondering if there's an app out there to help me transfer/rip some movie DVDs I've purchased to copy & transfer to my itunes.

2. Big Bad D macrumors regular

My preferred app for ripping my owned DVDs to iTunes is Mac DVD Ripper Pro (MDRP). It gives enough options, but is simple to use. Not, so far, had a DVD fail to rip. Fairly sure I found this recommendation some years back on MacRumors.

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

4. Jbstyle629 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jbstyle629

I tried the Mac Pro free and the first dvd I tried it woukdnt read at all. I'm guess that most of these DVDs have some copyright lock on them. Thanks for the advice

5. Daisy81 Suspended

Daisy81

I use MacX DVD Video Converter Pro Pack. It's a mouth full but I find it a little more user friendly then handbrake. The encodings also tend to be smaller and of higher quality by default which I like.

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i tried using handbreak as i've used it before a long time ago. I want to rip a few DVDs but when I do the video is garbled and the audio is just buzzing...

Attached Files:

7. Daisy81 Suspended

Daisy81

That is not decrypted. Handbrake stopped including that portion of the software several years ago. The easiest way to get it back is to grab it from XBMC or what ever they are calling it now and put it in handbrake.

My problem with handbrake is you have to fiddle with it too much. You can get good results but if you don't do it just right you get huge files that look like junk.

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Do you have an another suggestion for software?

9. Daisy81 Suspended

Daisy81

It's not free but I have found that MacX DVD Ripper and MacX Video Converter Pro work without much hassle. The website is http://www.macxdvd.com/special-offer/

10. Tigerman82 macrumors regular

I use MakeMKV for ripping purposes and Handbrake for converting the .mkvs to a more device-friendly format. I originally used Handbrake for ripping but it crashed a lot in the middle of the ripping process (I looked for a solution, re-installed the latest version, ran Onyx etc. but nothing helped). MakeMKV hasn't crashed once.