iMac Early 2008 + Windows 7 x64

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Met, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Met macrumors newbie

I just installed Windows 7 x64 on my iMac. It seems Boot Camp and Apple in general refuse to support the 64-bit Windows 7 though for some reason. As a result I have no audio support, my iSight isn't supported and a couple of other things are a little screwy. Anyone got any suggestion on how to get these drivers working fine on Windows 7?
    I tried running the Boot Camp assistant from the Leopard disc that came with the iMac as well as the one from my Snow Leopard family edition disc I purchased. Neither seem to work on Windows 7 x64 though. I also tried the Windows Vista => Windows 7 x64 upgrade firmware that Apple released, but that's also not working as I don't have Windows Vista to begin with.
    HELP PLEASE!

Edit: Also, my Magic Mouse doesn't seem to work on Windows either. I tried installing the firmware hacked by Uneasy Silence, but that's not working either. Any tips with that?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Read the first post of this thread. Should work the same way.

3. Met thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot! That fixed all of what I asked for except for the Magic Mouse. Anyone got any tips with that?

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

5. Met thread starter macrumors newbie

It seems I had done everything correctly... Minus rebooting even though it doesn't necessarily tell you to reboot after installation.