iMac Early 2009 Screen Tearing

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dylanbrown, Jul 2, 2009.

1. dylanbrown macrumors 6502

Hey all,

I posted a thread about this when I initially bought the computer, but a few months later - still I'm having the same problem...

My iMac suffers from some screen tearing during normal use, for example, YouTube videos. I also get some screen tearing when playing the Sims 3. However, it handles and plays large and HD video through iTunes and QuickTime fine.

Also, about a month ago - I installed the Windows 7 RC. Windows 7 could not use the Aero theme, as my Graphics Card only scored a 1.8 in its Performance Rating.

I have the 2.93GHz iMac with the GT120 Graphics Card. To put it in perspective, my late 2007 MacBook with Intel's Integrated graphics does not suffer from screen tearing when watching streaming video - and can run Windows 7 Aero just fine, it scores a 3 in the Graphics Performance Rating.

I though initially that this would just be a driver issue, and that one would have been released by now... but is anyone else suffering this problem?

Thanks in Advance.

Edit: I have tried taking some screenshots of the issue, but it doesn't seem to show up in any of the images.

2. zmttoxics macrumors 65816

zmttoxics