iMac Edu discount for iPod nano

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iamamac, Oct 12, 2008.

1. iamamac macrumors member

Hi again,
    I'm from Italy and I'm a student.
    I want to buy an iMac because I saw a good deal at a local reseller (1GB Ram extra at the same price - 999E) but i also want to get my edu discount (that means i want the free nano included when you buy a new mac). I haven't understood so well what i have to do but i guess i have to buy the mac and the ipod nano at the same time. then i go on www.apple.it, complete the form and...? how does the discount come? like a code that i can use on itunes? like money? :D . that's what i want from you, to tell me how does the discount comes (and information about buying one from a reseller - it's still valid, what do i have to bring to get the discount? )

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I don't think the education discount will be given to you if you don't buy at an Apple store.

I bought my Macs at an Apple authorized reseller chain, and this chain gave out its own education discount, which were coupons for a specific amount of money (depending on the bought product).

So I don't think that you'll be able to buy your Mac at place 1 (the one with the extra RAM) and buy an iPod nano wherever, and the contact Apple to give you your money back in what for soever.

3. iamamac thread starter macrumors member

ok,lets say i will order it online with 2gigs of ram or go to an apple store (the same thing for me). i still don't get it. apple will give me money back, okay but how?!

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Why don't you ask them (Apple Store on/offline)?

Apple Education Store Italy

I think they will give it back to you via bank transfer? just fill out the form and you'll see.