iMac EFI Firmware Update 1.3 - never applied

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Lukeksk, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Lukeksk macrumors member

I'm using an iMac Intel Core 2 Duo. Software Update keeps prompting me that there is an available update (iMac EFI Firmware Update v1.3) to install. The notes says that upon successful application, the BootROM will be IM71.007A.B03 (while my current BootROM is IM71.007A.B01).

No matter how many times I install this update and rebooting my machine subsequently, I can never get it the BootROM to bump up to .B03 and the update continues to remain to be updated.

What is wrong?

Thanks for all help.

2. super_kev macrumors 6502

super_kev

With all the firmware updates we've dealt with on Macbooks, iMacs, and Mac Pros, and G5's, I've had to manually install it even after it was downloaded via Software Update. Did you read the installation instructions? I'd bet that the firmware update is sitting in your Applications/Utilities folder, waiting to be installed.

3. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

When i did mine on my macbook, i ran software update, it downloaded the firmware into /Applications/Utilities. I went in there double clicked it. The mac rebooted applied the upgrade then rebooted and started normally