iMac EFI Firmware Update

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Tee.Nutter, May 2, 2009.

1. Tee.Nutter macrumors regular

Just a quick silly question.

iMac EFI Firmware Update popped up on the software update and I have now completed the update.

It is okay to delete the iMac EFI Firmware Update from the Application Folder once you have updated the iMac?

Also, if I have the Airport & Ethernet cable connected to my router, will my iMac use the Ethernet connection as default?

Thanks

Tee

2. Jozone macrumors 6502

Yes its fine to delete that file, the firmware itself has already been flashed and is in no way reliant on it being stored on the hard drive.

Not too sure about your other question, but I would probably just keep the airport status visible in the menu bar using the 'Turn Airport Off' whenever connected to ethernet.

3. Tee.Nutter thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Jozone, will delete update file.

Thats pretty much what I do with the Airport anyway, pointless using computer resources when i'm connected with ethernet :) was just curious thats all

4. Skorpion24 macrumors 6502

Hi guys I've the 120GT and in the software update I had and I've done this fix, it's normal?

5. Testify macrumors member

I've asked the same question in another thread in this forum and yes it is normal since they not only fixed stuff related to the ATI4850 :)

I have the GT130 and I installed the fix .. everything went well.

6. Skorpion24 macrumors 6502

Oh good, so it fix also for the 120 and 130GT?
    Good to know, thanks ;)

7. Sebby macrumors 6502a

There were no issues to fix with the GT120 and GT130, but the firmware update was to fix things other than the 4850 freezing issue. I applied it with no problems.