iMac entered Front Row, won't exit!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rogersmj, Aug 6, 2007.

1. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

This is the second time this has happened, although the two occurrences have been months apart. I was working on my iMac, listening to iTunes and doing a mockup in Illustrator, when suddenly, for no apparent reason, the damn thing enters Front Row. That wouldn't be such a big deal if only I could now EXIT Front Row -- but I can't. No keys respond on the Bluetooth keyboard except for the volume keys, and after about 1 minute the Bluetooth connection lost message appears on the screen (batteries are fresh). So I go and dig up my wired keyboard, plug it in, and still can only use the volume controls. Tried exiting Front Row with Cmd-Escape, Cmd-Tab, F11, F12, etc...none of it works. Using the remote does not work. I don't want to hard-reboot...IM messages from work have come in and I've got unsaved work in Illustrator! Any ideas?

2. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Try Ctrl + Opt + Cmd + Esc (All at once)

Thats how I exit front row when it freezes, and it works every time. Doesn't even do it's pretty exit it just disappears and brings back the desktop.

3. • Jaz • macrumors member

^ Good tip, I tried Ctrl + Alt + Cmd + Esc and it worked, useful for when it freezes frequently. :)

4. rogersmj thread starter macrumors 68020

rogersmj

5. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Yeah, I actually just started using front row, and I noticed it freezes if you try to scroll through a menu of videos too fast etc... Apple really needs to make a way to force quit Front Row from the remote, like hold menu for 5 seconds or something.

6. fredsherbet macrumors member

7. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Well yes....... but just incase it freezes, a force quit option would be nice :)

8. misbehavens macrumors newbie

How to force quit front row

Sometimes front row will freeze and not respond to any of the normal key commands.

To force quit front row, use command+option+escape