iMac for MacBook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by youradhere4222, Dec 27, 2007.

1. youradhere4222 macrumors 6502

Hi,

As of December 25th, I'm the owner of a 20-inch iMac.

To be honest - I love it! It's so much better than Windows, and I hope to stick with Apple for life. ;)

Anyways, after receiving my iMac, I seem to be using my three-year old laptop (Dell XPS M140) more; mostly because of it's convenience - being a laptop.

My iMac was purchased off eBay around the beginning of December, so I'm trying to figure out if I should consider trading in my 20-inch iMac for a 13-inch MacBook.

I'm guessing that I can't return it for store credit or anything like that, considering it was purchased in October and was re-purchased through eBay - unless of course I "accidentally" take advantage of the warranty by spilling coffee on it.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

No, you would not be able to return it. Also, spilling coffee on your iMac would be counterproductive because the warranty is voided by accidental damage (only product defects and failures are covered). ...Besides, based upon the design of the iMac, you'd have to dip the entire computer in the coffee like a giant piece of biscotti. ...not a good idea.

If you want to trade it in for MacBook, try ebay or Craigslist (just be safe and cautious, as both sites are rampant with scams).