imac for single use (new or used)?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by vaporpark, Oct 6, 2012.

1. vaporpark macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I have been lurking here for a while and this is my first post.:)

I have been patiently waiting the new imacs as everyone else, but it is like a slow suicide. With that said, I have been thinking of alternatives and need some advice.

My main focus for my imac purchase is for only one reason, and that is for audio recording. I only record with a partner and we would be using a combination of plugins and real instruments. I have been waiting for the new imacs, but I have started to look around and reality has me thinking that I might not need the new beast for what I am wanting to do. This line of thinking could save me some cash for other things as well as a new unit down the road.

For example, I found this for sale locally and thought it might be a good deal with good specs.

21.5" iMac
    Bought this computer 2 month ago with all the accessories.
    Compy is in great condition, just upgraded so no longer need.
    21.5" 2.80 GHz 16 GB RAM 2000 GB HDD and 256 GB SSD
    Airport extreme for wireless internet access and bluetooth
    Apple Care Protection Plan
    The computer will also come with the software and original box as well....
    Passes Apple hardware test.
    $650

I know there is a digital audio section, but I thought this question might be a broader type of question. If I was wrong in my assumption please excuse.

Any input regarding this subject is much appreciated.

Sincerely,
    vaporpark

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

If true, that would be an incredible deal. I find it hard to believe, however. $1650 maybe? The 21.5 comes with a 2.7GHz processor as max.

3. d0nK macrumors 6502

That deal sounds too good to be true, unless you're buying it from a millionaire.

520+ days and counting since the last iMac was released!!! What a joke that is. Well, it would be if my parents hadn't been waiting for over 6 months already after I convinced them to go with OSX :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    It's high time that Apple started showing some respect to iMac and Mac Pro users.

4. vaporpark thread starter macrumors newbie

I know, it sounds too good. That is the problem with some of these CL adds. I found an i7 with great specs, but of course they want todays prices. Thanks for the input.