iMac Freeze After Display Sleep?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by evangw, Jul 4, 2011.

1. evangw, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011

evangw macrumors regular

I installed Lion GM on my Macbook Air with no problems, but when I installed it on my late 2009 27 iMac, I noticed that the computer will not wake from display sleep (or sleep) properly. If I sleep the display (shift-command-eject) or put the computer to sleep, when I try to wake it back up, the monitor will come back on and the harddrive will work, but the computer remains completely unresponsive.

The computer is working because I can hear new emails come in, etc, but the display is completely frozen, and will not even respond to further commends (e.g. I cannot turn the display off with a second shift-command-eject).

Has anyone had this problem or any ideas? I guess I'll start removing startup items and see what happens.

E: The computer works properly in safe mode. It's probably something I have installed, then... now to figure out what...

2. sifon48 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem with my late 2009 macbook....

Still can not find solution for it

3. Mightee macrumors member

Try resetting the SMU on startup. The SMU controls a lot of power management and is often the culprit when it comes to odd sleep/wake issues. (Look it up for your model on Apple Support, I think the method varies.)

4. dradam macrumors newbie

2009 imac bluetooth devices frozen after sleep

The issue I'm having ever since upgrading to Lion is that whenever I attempt to wake my iMac 24" 2009 from sleep using my bluetooth keyboard, trackpad, or mouse, it doesn't wake up. I have to push the power button to get it to wake up and even then, the bluetooth devices don't respond. I have to restart the iMac to get the devices to respond.

Yes, the preference to "allow bluetooth devices to wake from sleep" is selected - no help there.

I even tried to resync the keyboard, and here's the strange thing, even though the iMac recognizes the keyboard (it works after I restart the mac), when I ask the iMac to search for available bluetooth keyboards, *nothing shows up*! Weird!

Any thoughts? It's painful not to be able to put the machine to sleep.

Thanks for any help!