imac freezes up

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ghostterm, Aug 16, 2011.

1. ghostterm macrumors newbie

hi guys,

got sort of a problem and need your opinion on something, I bought an iMac the other day at Best Buy, I've had it for about 7 days now, I've had no problems whatsoever, just a matter of getting use to everything. I wanted to upgrade to Lion today and I musta went through several different things to finally get my order in, really gave me the runaround, when I finally was almost finished, it prompted me for the Redeem Code, I typed it in and clicked next, well when I went to do that. that window froze up and at the same time froze the finder toolbar up top, so I couldn't restart. I even tried to shut it off in the back, but it came back on with the same screen, so then I powered down the computer by unplugging it, I plugged it back up, and went to check my email and I noticed that when I clicked mail, it ask me to setup my email address which was weird, so then I entered the info and it took me to it, and noticed that all my additional email addresses was gone. I want to return the imac and exchange it for another, I still have 7 days to do it. My question to you is should I or is there a way to fix this issue? I don't know if it's the OS itself or the computer. let me know what your thoughts on this is.....

----------

on top of that I saved a file last night and had it named a certain name and I woke up this morning and I looked into the folder that I saved it and It was gone like it had vanished, disappeared which was really weird.....

2. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

If it were me I would take it to the Apple store and let one the genuises look at it. You still have exchange or return priviledges.