imac fror mom

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jcll, Jun 1, 2006.

  1. jcll macrumors newbie

    Jun 1, 2006
    shoud my mom get a imac now or wate tell after macworld
  2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus


    Jul 24, 2002
    After MacWorld? :eek: There is not another MacWorld for months! Perhaps you mean WWDC which is only a few months away?
  3. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

    Mar 21, 2006
    I'm assuming your mom doesn't do high end video work or needs the latest and greatest computer with this answer.

    I would go ahead and get it now. The current imacs are already really powerful computers. More than enough for most task. And macworld? when is that? do you mean wwdc '06?
  4. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

    Apr 2, 2006
    DEFINITELY NOW! If with computers, especially macs, if you wait you'll never end up buying anything, just reading rumours and waiting for the next great model. I say you should get it. It is a brilliant computer, and will last you many years.
  5. Chundles macrumors G4


    Jul 4, 2005

    Sorry, had to fix your post so I could understand it.

    Macworld is in January but if your Mum can wait another 7 months then she'll probably get a machine that is better than the one now.

    If she can't wait till then, she should buy one now.
  6. jcll thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jun 1, 2006
    thank you and i was thinking about wwdc not macworld sorry
  7. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

    Apr 2, 2006
    Isn't it in January. At the start of every year?
  8. Le Big Mac macrumors 68030

    Le Big Mac

    Jan 7, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Agreed. It's not like new iMacs are right around the corner. The worst that's likely to happen is that they'll add a slightly faster chip or make it a bit cheaper. The computer won't be obsolete any time soon.

    So I'd buy now
  9. supremedesigner macrumors 6502a


    Dec 9, 2005
    Gainesville, Fl
    I got my mom just 17" iMac directly from Apple Store for the price of 1600 (warranty included). Mom loved it a lot and we've been doin' webcam thing ever since! She no longer use DULL computer. YAY! :)
  10. seenew macrumors 68000


    Dec 1, 2005
    So I'm planning on buying a 20" iMac, CoreDuo 2Ghz with 2GB RAM... I was going to wait because I heard they might upgrade to a CoreDuo 2 by July or August, but I have no experience with this sort of speculation. So I should go ahead and buy it now? No need to wait?

Share This Page