iMac G3 CRT Resolution help

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Arkious, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Arkious macrumors 6502a

Arkious

Hey guys, having a little issue with an iMac G3 DV/SE, where as the screen resolution seems to default at startup. I have tried a PMU reset and its a new battery in it. Is there anything I can do? As it heats up it seems change shape.

The PMU is the button on the board yes?

2. Lil Chillbil macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

damn, your still going at this project are you?

1 respect for commitment mah homeboy

3. Arkious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkious

Haha :-D

No not the original one unfortunately, I really did kill it in the end! But my partner loves the same gear from inside it in her PC hahaha.

This one was the one I picked up accidentally when trying to fix the CRT of the bondi. This one is a 600mhz (overclocked to 700mhz now) graphite DV. I've never used one of these versions before and because of its aditional speed over mine, it's quite fast. So got it an airport card, 1gb of ram and DVD drive all for under £40 :)

It's CRT can be a little flickery at times so was just trying to get it that bit better lol

4. Lil Chillbil macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

that may be the flyback

5. Arkious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkious

yeah the flickery bit i thought would be the flyback but I'm not too bothered, its only when its cold and goes as it heats up. you think that has something to do with the display size changing too though?

6. Arkious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkious

the more i use it the better, seems to stop moving as much. still get the flickering but its barely noticeable.

i updated updated everything today with a fresh install taking a long time, went to install java, the thing crashed and now it wont start... DOHHH!

Back to the start reinstalling :p

7. 666sheep macrumors 68040

666sheep

It's most likely flyback transformer. Check wikipedia article about it. Pretty well written IMO.