iMac G3 keyboard M2452 doesn't work with intel mac and leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MrCheeto, Aug 26, 2009.

1. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I have an iMac G3 keyboard that I'm trying to use with my MacBook, it works PERFECT, except when I press caps lock it just stops working...

Also, when I first plug it in the Caps Lock light flashes green for just a split second...

Is there any chance of getting hold of some software that would help?

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

sounds like a problem with the keyboard. The caps light when you first plug it in is normal. Any USB keyboard works, so I believe there is something wrong with the keyboard.

3. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

The keyboard works with EVERY PPC mac! It EVEN worked with an Intel Mac Mini...I'm thinking that means it's my MacBook...

4. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Interesting*

My Keyboard works even with caps lock when using a USB hub...WTF IS GOING ON HERE?!

^see?

5. Boradis macrumors newbie

I know this thread is just over a year old, but since I was just researching this as well I figured there may be others who are having this problem. So I thought I'd post what I found out.

I haven't HAD any PROBLEMS with the caps LOCK key since I UNPLUGGED my mouse from THE keyboard itself. The mouse is a fairly recent one.

So I speculate the caps lock problem is caused when the hub capabilities of the KEYBoarRD got overloaded. Luckily I don't have any other USB devices that I need to have plugged in while I'm writing.

6. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Nah. The Caps stays locked with or without any type of mouse. My only solution is to either use a hub, or a keyboard from this decade.